5 things you must know so you will not be “Taken to the Cleaners!”
November 19, 2012
Many people do this without a second thought, picking the guy with the lowest rates or the store on the way home. This can be a costly mistake though. Choosing the wrong dry cleaner can “send you to the cleaners” when you favorite, expensive clothing items are lost, damaged, or worse. Today we are going to tell you five things to consider when choosing a dry cleaner.
1. Customer Service. I would have to rate this as the most important thing to consider in your dry cleaner search. Note the staff. Are they friendly? Helpful? Knowledgeable? Do they acknowledge you with a smile when you walk in the door? You want to find an establishment that actually cares about their customers, because they will be the ones, if something bad actually does happen, to make it right.
2. Experience. You don’t want a “just out of the box” dry cleaner. What you do want is someone who has been in the business a long time, who knows all the in’s and outs. This is very important! You want a dry cleaner who takes pride in their work, and not someone who is just worried about getting you in and out and taking your money. So definitely, look for someone experienced!
3. Cheapest Is Not Always Best. People often forget this point. Most people are only out to find the cheapest dry cleaner, and then they are disappointed when the quality of the work is not up to par. The fact of the matter is, there is no dry cleaner that can have the best employees, the best equipment, the best customer service, the fastest turn around, AND the cheapest rates. It is just impossible. So, remember, you have to sacrifice somewhere. I would rather pay a little more for better service.
4. Guarantees. A good dry cleaner should guarantee their work, no question about it. If you are not happy with their service, they should be willing to do whatever it takes to make it right. If that means a refund, if that means replacing your clothing, or cleaning your garment a second, or third, time. You want to make sure that you find a dry cleaner that stands behind their work.
5. Extra Services. This is not a requirement, but it can be very convenient to choose a cleaner who offers extra services. Some of these can include “green” dry cleaning, wedding gowns, leather cleaning, same day pickup, drop off and pickup services, repairs and alterations, etc. Like previously stated, these services are not a requirement of a good dry cleaner, but should be considered in your choice, if you will need these sorts of services.
Hopefully these tips will help your search for a dry cleaner to be an easy and rewarding one!